Seabuckthorn is a deciduous shrub, which character is drought-enduring and wind resistance, can survive on salinized land, it is widely used in soil and water conservation. A large number of seabuckthorn are planted in the northwest of China for desert greening. Seabuckthorn fruit contain high vitamin C, with the reputation of king of vitamin C. Seabuckthorn is a generic term for plants and their fruits. Seabuckthorn is a medicinal and homologous plant.
Seabuckthorn roots, stems, leaves, flowers, fruit, especially seabuckthorn fruit is rich in nutrients and bioactive substances, can be widely used in food, medicine, industry, aerospace, agriculture, animal husbandry, fish industry and many other areas of the national economy. Seabuckthorn fruit has the effect of relieving cough and reducing sputum, improving digestion, and invigorating the circulation of scattered stasis. Modern medical research shows that seabuckthorn can reduce cholesterol, relieve angina pectoris, as well as the prevention and treatment of coronary atherosclerotic heart disease.
The following is the effects of seabuckthorn:
1. The prevention and control of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases. Seabuckthorn total flavonoids and fatty acids can effectively regulate blood pressure, blood sugar, direct removal of superoxide free radicals, reduce blood viscosity, inhibit platelet aggregation, improve blood circulation, and prevent arteriosclerosis.
2. The role of adjuvant therapy for diabetes, and effect on the immune system.The effective ingredients extracted from seabuckthorn (seabuckthorn flavonoids, vitamins, minerals, trace elements, SOD, etc.) can lower blood sugar and stabilize the condition of diabetes. Seabuckthorn contains a lot of vitamin C, vitamin E, carotenoids, SOD, and seabuckthorn flavonoids, have a strong antioxidant effect.
3. The effect of cancer prevention and health care, preventive health care for respiratory diseases. Seabuckthorn is rich in anthocyanins, bitter lignin, coumarin, serotonin, β-carotene and other bioactive ingredients, with significant anti-cancer effect. Seabuckthorn in the traditional medical theory has the function of relieving cough and asthma, have a good effect for chronic pharyngitis, bronchitis, sore throat, asthma, cough, sputum and other respiratory system diseases.
4. Prevention for the liver and digestive system disease. Seabuckthorn contains malic acid, oxalic acid and other organic acids, can relieve the toxic effects of antibiotics and other drugs to promote the healing of liver cells to accelerate healing, reduce transaminase, and protect the liver. Because seabuckthorn contains a lot of amino acids, organic acids and other nutrients, can promote gastric acid, gastric secretion.
5. Anti-radiation, anti-inflammatory myogenic, promote the role of tissue regeneration. Seabuckthorn contains serotonin, has a strong anti-radiation effect. The original Soviet Union put the sea buckthorn oil included in the astronaut’s necessary health care products. Seabuckthorn extract oil is rich in VE, carotene, carotenoids, β-sitosterol, unsaturated fatty acids, etc., can promote the body's metabolism, is conducive to the recovery of damaged tissue, enhance the inflammatory center of anti-inflammatory effect, and promote ulcer healing.
6. Protect the skin and nourish the brain. Seabuckthorn contains a variety of amino acids, vitamins, trace elements, unsaturated fatty acids, SOD, etc., have a good effect on prevention of skin aging, dilute the age spots, chloasma, improve sleep quality, improve memory, maintain strong energy and physical strength, etc.
Previous: The Main Nutrients In Carrots